Bottisham (or previously known as Bodekysham and Bottlesham) is a large village with a population of 2,070 (as recorded in 2012) and lies 7 miles East of Cambridge.
The village has a number of 16th/17th century buildings which can be found along the High Street as well as a beautiful 12th century Holy Trinity Church.
Historical pictures and photographs can be seen below:
Bendyshe Manor 1790 (Demolished 1830)
The Rectory (Now Hilton Park Care Home) The White Swan (Now First Copy)
The Village Stores
Church and the Old School Buildings Mr Hollins (School Master, 1800's)
Path from the 'Old Cemetary' Bottisham Church in 1801
High Street Cottages King George VI Coronation
The Anchor Public House The Bell Public House
The George Public House The Rose and Crown Public House
The Old Post Office The Old Shops on the High Street
The Old Police House The Old British Legion
Bottisham also had an airfield, known as RAF Bottisham which in use from 1940-1946.
RAF Bottisham Control Tower Thunderbolt Plane
Panoramic view of Bottisham from the Church rooftop in 1952.
View from Bottisham Church 2016- Peter Rank
For more information of the village of Bottisham, visit:
A very special thank you all those who contributed to the 'History of Bottisham Photo Gallery'